What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us. If you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you nor provide you with products or services. Personally identifiable information means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- Project, company, and product information
- Your SmallDot user ID and password
- Credit card information
- Account avatar, company logo, or personal photo
- Any account-preference information you provide us
- Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- Session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission.
- Use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as news about our services, promotions, and products. You are welcome to opt out any time.
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- As necessary to provide services or products ordered, such as by providing it to a carrier to deliver products ordered;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- As required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of SmallDot, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
- Not share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- Log off the SmallDot Web site when you are finished;
- Take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.